Sunday 16 November 2014

Skincare: How I Keep My Skin in a Good Condition

Being someone who has been getting awful breakouts for a number of years now, only recently have I found some products that I have found to be particularly affective on my skin.

First up is the Lush 'Mask of Magnaminty' this is just a face mask I found at lush a few months ago, and it has literally saved my skin! Most products will take a week or two before you start to see a difference in your skin, but I found indstantaneous results from this one. After one use, my spots were a lot less red and irritated and my skin was super smooth! Not only this but, as you may guess by the name, it contains mint, which is apparently quite good for your skin, and leaves mine feeling & smelling fresh. I just smooth on a thin layer to my face and wait for 15-20 minutes before I wash it off with warm water. If my skin is looking a bit icky and I'm in a hurry I find that I can just put some on troublesome areas and leave it for 5 minutes just to give my skin a little boost. I would definitely recommend this, it's a true life saver!
315g tub, £9.75 from Lush (I hear there's also a self preserving one, I think it just lasts longer, but I haven't tried it)

Next product is another Lush one. You really cannot go wrong with Lush! This next one is a solid serum called 'Full of Grace' the lovely assistant in Lush recommended it to me, and after I tried it on my hand I couldn't resist; it left it feeling so soft it was unbelievable! You just glide it over your face and leave it. It goes on quite thick, so I would recommend using it before bed so that your face doesn't look like it has a layer of grease on it. I put this on under the mask of magnaminty, as it opens up the pores and really allows the face mask to thoroughly cleanse my skin. It seems to help my skin but is quite pricey for the small bar you get, so if you're a little short on cash I'd recommend to just get the mask and leave this for another time, because I find this works best paired with the mask, but the mask can be extremely helpful either way. 
Full of Grace serum bar, £8.25, Lush

Right we're now onto my final product of the post. I apologise in advance as I got this one when I was on holiday in America, and you can't get it here in the UK (I was quite disappointed, as I love this) The product isn't a Lush one, would you believe, but a Clean & Clear moisturiser. I was in Chicago a couple of months ago and had run out of anything for my spots and my skin was looking awful, so I popped to a Walgreens that was two blocks away from my hotel and found this to try, I am so glad I did! Not only does it smell lovely and fresh, it reduced the appearance of my spots and left me with amazingly soft skin! I put this on in the morning and just before I went to bed, but also whenever I felt my skin needed a little boost. I would definitely recommend this to anyone over in America, it's so quick and easy and sinks into your skin quickly!
Not sure of the price, sorry! It was quite cheap though, around $10 in the skin care section at Wallgreens :)

But my number one tip has to be: Drink LOTS of water! You will notice an amazing difference if you start drinking more (that is, if you don't already!)

Anyway, I hope this helped some of you!
Byeeee!
Manth xo

Ooh! Before I go, I want to ask, has anyone tried the 'Skin Drink' moisturiser from Lush? It has good reviews and I was wondering wether or not I should get  it x

7 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely blog and few recommendation products that I would love love to get my hand on. Especially the 'Mask of magnaminty' my skin is currently leaking with oils which I feel really uncomfortable but in general my skin feels unhappy ever since I run out of Korean face mask. I will definitely give a review about this product by tomorrow. So make sure you come by my blog <3
    Thank you for sharing!

    ANA
    http://analyn-razon.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drinking more water definitely makes a difference, I've noticed that too :)

    By the way, I've nominated you for the Liebster Award, you can find the post here:
    http://lipstickandmocha.blogspot.com/2014/11/liebster-award-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blog post! Definitely will be giving some of these products a go

    http://convoygloss.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great products :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool. I've seen this before but have never tried it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for the lovely comments <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh! Recently my face has started to break out (so long clear skin days!) so definitely need some tips to keep it clear for as long as I can! Thanks for the post!

    www.thesuperteen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete